The Nu-Check® valve, designed specifically for pneumatics, is a patented Aladco® product. It was the first check valve on the market with both manual and pilot release capabilities. The unique bubble-tight seal keeps devices in “checked” position. If pressure loss or fluctuation should occur, the valve prevents drifting. To release the seal, depress the manual override button or operate the pilot.
An Aladco® Nu-Check® valve is a normally closed check valve that can be overridden by air piloting or manually to allow two-way flow. The tightly sealed Nu-Check® valves are used on pneumatic devices to stop air release when the device is stopped, which prevents drifting of the device and any attached load.
- Prevents load drift
- Provides rapid stopping of load
- Designed for non-lubricated systems
- Operating pressure 15 – 150 psi and temperature 30 – 150oF
- Cracking pressure 2 – 4 psi
- Exceeds A.N.S.I. Class VI Leak Standard (bubble-tight)
- Patented and made in the USA
- Standard 3-year warranty
- NPTF Ports conform to ASME B1.20.1-2013 Pipe Threads, General Purpose (Inch)
- BSPP (G) and M5 Ports conform to ISO 16030:2003: Pneumatic fluid power – Connections – Ports and stud ends
- Nu-Check’s® rugged valve body and internal components are made of anodized 6061 aluminum.
- Internal springs are made of high fatigue-resistant, nickel-coated 302 stainless steel. (MTTF is over 100 million cycles).
- Standard seals are Buna-N (-30 to 150oF temperature range). Viton seals (-15 to 400oF temperature range) are also an available option.
- Superior, self-cleaning ball seal provides long product life. (MTTF is over 100 million cycles).
- The valves are tamper resistant and do not require maintenance. The valves do not require lubricated air but can be used with lubricated air or low-pressure oil.
A typical use of a Nu-Check® valve involves combining it with a direction control valve to control air flow from ports of a pneumatic device. With an appropriate combination of direction control valves and other pneumatic components, a cylinder position control system using a Nu-Check® can handle both normal position control and standby or safety stop conditions. An example schematic for a double acting cylinder is shown. A combined valve system can have excellent fail-safe and assured control properties.
Nu-Check® Pneumatic Check Valve Dimensions
|DIMENSIONS & SPECIFICATIONS|
|Port Size||A||B||C||D||E||F||G||H||J||K||L||PILOT PORT||Cv||WEIGHT AL||WEIGHT SS|
*A-L All dimensions in inches
NPTF Ports conform to ASME B1.20.1-2013 Pipe Threads, General Purpose (Inch)
BSPP (G) and M5 Ports conform to ISO 16030:2003: Pneumatic fluid power – Connections – Ports and stud ends
- Technical details subject to change without notice
- 10-32 and 1/8″ port sizes are no longer available as Nu-Check® options – please see our line of Clean-Check® pneumatic valves for compatible configurations
- Stainless steel is no longer an available option for Nu-Check® configurations – please see our line of Clean-Check® pneumatic valves for stainless steel valve options
30 : Nu-Check – Extended Override Button (Standard), 31 : Nu-Check – Flush Override Button (Standard), 32 : Nu-Check – No Manual Override (Assembled Per Order)
|Inlet Outlet Port Threading||
25 : 1/4" Thread, 38 : 3/8" Thread, 50 : 1/2" Thread, 75 : 3/4" Thread, 01 : 1" Thread
01 : Buna-N Seals (Temp. Range -30° to 150° F), 02 : Viton Seals (Temp. Range -15° to 400° F)
[blank] : NPTF Threaded Ports, BSPP : G BSPP Threaded Ports
[blank] : No Optional Features, HP : High Pressure (350 PSI maximum), LPS : Low Pressure Sealing (below 5 PSI), NCP : No Cracking Pressure, VAC : Vacuum Valve
Nu-Check® Resource Download
Click name of file to download