Double Check Valves
Aladco double check valves use two check valves in the same body. Double check valves trap air in both sides of a cylinder or actuator and the pilot operation automatically pilots the opposite check allowing the cylinder to move. Our patented manual override relieves the air on both sides of the cylinder or actuator. One manual override button creates a better-controlled and safer release of air because it relieves air from both sides of the cylinder simultaneously.
The Dual-Check® valve, designed specifically for pneumatics, is a patented Aladco® product. It is the only parallel check valve that can be manually overridden with a single override button or with an internally plumbed air pilot. The Dual-Check® is sealed and can be used in either sanitary or harsh/dirty environments.
A typical use of a Dual-Check® valve involves combining it with a direction control valve to control air flow from both ports of a double acting cylinder. With an appropriate combination of direction control valves and other pneumatic components, a cylinder position control system using a Dual-Check® can handle both normal position control and standby or safety stop conditions. A combined valve system can have excellent fail-safe and assured control properties.
- Prevents load drift
- Provides rapid stopping of load
- Can provide multiple position control
- Does not require lubricated air
- Operating pressure 15-150 psi
- Exceeds A.N.S.I. Class VI Leak Standard (bubble-tight) for 1/2″ port size
- Patented and made in the USA
- Standard 3-year warranty
- NPTF Ports conform to ASME B1.20.1-2013 Pipe Threads, General Purpose (Inch)
- BSPP (G) and M5 Ports conform to ISO 16030:2003: Pneumatic fluid power – Connections – Ports and stud ends
- Dual-Check’s® rugged valve body and internal components are made of anodized 6061 aluminum.
- Internal springs are made of high fatigue-resistant, nickel-coated 302 stainless steel. (MTTF is over 100 million cycles).
- Standard seals are Buna-N (-30 to 150oF temperature range). Viton seals (-15 to 400oF temperature range) are also an available option.
- Superior, self-cleaning ball seal provides long product life. (MTTF is over 100 million cycles).
- The valves are tamper resistant and do not require maintenance. The valves do not require lubricated air, but can be used with lubricated air.
A Dual-Check® valve can be used in the control systems for a wide variety of double acting cylinder applications. Applications can involve work holding, clamping and positioning, and moving parts or equipment components in a wide variety of manually operated and automated machinery.
Specific circuit design and switching valve selection is application-dependant. Your Aladco® distributor or Aladco® can be contacted to provide assistance with answering application questions.
Dual-Check® Pneumatic Check Valve Dimensions
|DIMENSIONS & SPECIFICATIONS|
|Port Size||A||B||C||D||E||F||G||H||J||K||L||Cv||Cracking Pressure (PSI)||Weight lbs.
|#10-32||2.50||1.00||0.75||0.25||0.14||2.00||0.85||0.81||0.38||1.74||0.18||0.2||2 – 4||0.2|
|1/8″||3.38||1.75||1.00||0.69||0.25||2.00||1.17||1.03||0.68||2.02||0.22||0.8||2 – 4||1.6|
|1/4″||4.75||2.50||1.50||0.69||0.31||3.38||1.62||1.51||0.97||2.81||0.28||1.7||2 – 4||1.5|
|3/8″||4.75||3.00||1.50||0.69||0.44||3.38||1.62||1.51||0.97||2.81||0.28||1.7||2 – 4||1.9|
|1/2″||4.75||3.00||1.50||0.69||0.44||3.38||1.62||1.51||0.97||2.81||0.28||1.7||2 – 4||1.8|
|3/4″||5.20||3.00||1.50||0.60||0.32||4.00||1.73||1.75||0.76||3.68||0.28||3.2||2 – 4||1.9|
*A-L All dimensions in inches
NPTF Ports conform to ASME B1.20.1-2013 Pipe Threads, General Purpose (Inch)
BSPP (G) and M5 Ports conform to ISO 16030:2003: Pneumatic fluid power – Connections – Ports and stud ends
Technical details subject to change without notice
Model Ordering Information
Model 603801 is a Dual-Check® valve with 3/8” NPTF threaded Inlet/Outlet ports, Buna-N seals and an extended override button.
Model 603801BSPP is a Dual-Check® valve with 3/8” BSPP Inlet/Outlet ports, Buna-N seals and an extended override button.
CALL DISTRIBUTOR FOR PRICING
60 : Dual-Check – Extended Override Button (Standard), 61 : Dual-Check – Flush Override Button (Standard), 62 : Dual-Check – No Manual Override (Assembled Per Order)
|Inlet Outlet Port Threading||
32 : 10-32 UNF Thread, 32 : M5 ISO Metric Thread, 12 : 1/8" Thread, 25 : 1/4" Thread, 38 : 3/8" Thread, 50 : 1/2" Thread, 75 : 3/4" Thread
01 : Buna-N Seals (Temp. Range -30° to 150° F), 02 : Viton Seals (Temp. Range -15° to 400° F)
[blank] : NPTF Threaded Ports, M5 : ISO Metric Threaded Ports, 10-32 Block, [blank] : UNF Threaded Ports, BSPP : G BSPP Threaded Ports
Dual Check® Resource Download
Click name of file to download